Wednesday, November 01, 2017

We Are Proud, We Are Amish

Not really Amish, but tonight it almost feels like it. The Internet has been out for the past few hours which means that our Smart Things hub doesn't work, which means Alexa won't turn our lights on and off on command. You'd think that wouldn't be a problem, but I can't remember where many of the light switches are. Really. So we sit in the dark (or the light, depending where we were when we lost network). This is a seriously first world problem. It did keep me from firing in the studio tonight however, as I really DON'T know where the light switches are out there and I just didn't feel like futzing around to find out. Spectrum says it's a statewide problem, but Dan and Zaga next door are streaming a movie (and laughing at me) just fine. Dave just sits in the dark looking at his phone.

Today I met a friend for open studio at Creative Side Jewelry Academy and almost finished the locket I started in my 201 class. I did get all the soldering done, now I just have to clean up the silver and tube-set the sapphires and the topaz. The sapphires are stones I sifted from gravel from the mine in Montana this past summer and had cut. Now I want to make pieces with prong setting for the two large sapphires. However carving out time for to work on jewelry in the next couple of months is going to be tough. I have A Fair of the Art, my own glass orders, J's birthday, Christmas (yes, I'm thinking that far ahead already), and a couple of trips coming up.

Tomorrow it's ceramics, glass, and the vet--this time with the cats. Another crazy day when I don't have time to breathe and end up exhausted and slightly grumbly (like today). Guess I'll take my grumpy self off to bed so I can get up early to go pick up styrofoam peanuts and bubble wrap before going to ceramics.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Do you own a chess set, or do you only play online? Perhaps you could defeat your spouse at that...