Sunday, November 05, 2017

And Now, Thanksgiving

Jessie's birthday flowers from her father
This weekend marked the end of the birthday, Halloween, and anniversary season and the beginning of the countdown to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Tomorrow I'll pack up the Halloween decorations and try to find some place to store them for the year--all except for the tyrannosaurus. We've decided she needs to stay up and be decorated for the season--whatever the season may be. For Christmas she'll get a little Santa Claus hat. For Valentine's she can be holding a big (bleeding) heart. For St Patrick's Day she can be eating a leprechaun. For Easter she can carry a basket full of eggs and wear bunny ears. Oh the fun I can have with this one!

Today we spent all day (Jessie and I did) on a film shoot for one of the girls in her cinematic arts program. We started at 8:00 this morning and got home just after 9:00 tonight. I mostly hung out on the couch and worked on my laptop, but it was exhausting even for me. Or maybe it was exhausting giving Thor back. At 3:00 this afternoon we returned him to the rental car lot. Jessie likened it to sending a foster puppy on to his forever home: It breaks your heart a little bit. I told her Thor did not follow us home, and we cannot keep him. (Thor was the red Corvette Stingray convertible I rented for her birthday weekend.)

Now it's time (again? already?) for bed. Dave made and incredible fesenjan for dinner tonight with rice pudding with rose water and cardamon for dessert. Sadly he didn't like it so I'm not going to get it regularly. More's the pity: It was so yummy I am stuffed to sleeping!

2 comments:

ellen abbott said...

definitely the tyrannosaurus needs to be year round. yes, now the plunge to Thanksgiving et al. my least favorite time of year. except for New year's and mimosas for breakfast.

Bill said...

I'll be giving thanks that you didn't wreck the Corvette.