Thursday, November 02, 2017

A Day of Perfection

It's late, I'm pooped. I am in full getting-emerging-artists mode right now with all the fervor that goes with convincing some poor young person that a life as an independent artist doing festivals and self-promoting might be a reasonable idea. I actually wrote to the visual art teachers at McCallum tonight and offered doing after school workshops to help students fill out their applications and put together a good body of work to sell. We'll see what comes of it.

Today was an extraordinary day on other fronts too. I had ceramics class this morning, and for the first time EVER, everything I threw turned out beautifully. Each piece was better than the one before it. After ceramics I took the cats to the vet, then came home and got Todd's airline ticket to come out and do A Fair of the Art with me (as an artist, not as a promoter). Next accomplishment was getting in a kiln load. On the rental front, we got another review today and then we got an inquiry from a potential full-time renter. Sweet!

I ended the evening with website updates for A Fair of the Art (we have contracted with all the food trucks) and an email to all the parent volunteers. Now it's time to go to sleep. Thank you Meredith Efken for another incredible poster!


1 comment:

Bill said...

Now for you to become the Artful Dodger...