Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The Christmas Season is Officially Here

The tree is trimmed, Christmas music is on rotation for the next four weeks, and tomorrow the stockings will be hung by the chimney with care. Tomorrow the lights go up around the windows too--and Dee and Todd arrive to do A Fair of the Art! I am very excited to see them both and to do a little festival again. I haven't even unpacked all the work I moved from Atlanta yet so I'm not sure what all I'm going to sell, but I know I have plenty! And Todd shipped me three boxes of wire and glass so we are set there too.

Tomorrow is also ceramics class--we didn't have one last week due to Thanksgiving, and I missed it sorely. I have a Christmas present or two in process--and I still hold out hope for finding the rice bowl I made Jessie for her birthday, oh, quite some time ago. I understand it can take a long time to fire pieces, but come on! It's been almost two months since I put it in for the glaze firing! The school has a very clear No Production Work policy, but there are definitely people who are making quantities of pieces to sell. It's very frustrating for those of us who only make a couple of pieces a week--at best--to not have our work fired because some people have way more than their fair share of the kiln space. I know I sound whiny, but I made that piece last spring and put it in to glaze the second week of last session so I'd have it in plenty of time for Jessie's birthday the first of November, and it still hasn't come out. I hope the one or two Christmas presents I made can actually get fired in time.

I can't believe it's already 11:00! The Barenaked Ladies are singing Three Ships, and that is a good place to end the night. Peace on earth, goodwill towards all.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Happy holidays!