Thursday, November 30, 2017

Loooong Day

The synthesis of my day came at 2:30 when Dee texted me to let me know she and Todd had landed (they flew in for the art fair this weekend) and I wrote back that they couldn't have landed because they weren't due in till 5:00. Her response? "You are such a hot mess this week". Yep. Yep I am. I am juggling lots and lots of stuff--not all of it having to do with the art fair. Christmas is coming, I start an intense two-week technical-writing gig next week, and then we head out of town for the week before Christmas. Hot mess is probably putting it kindly. On the other hand, I am still consistently throwing the best pottery I have ever done, and I no longer have the fear that's it's accidental and I'm going to wake up and not be able to do it again. I can finally feel the clay--not feel the sensation of the clay in it's state of inertia, but actually feel the intention of the clay and know where and how to move my fingers to make it do what I want. It's a heady feeling.

Tomorrow I get up and unpack all the work I moved from Atlanta and the work that Todd recently made and shipped here. Then we'll go through it and decide what to take to the festival this weekend. Then we'll dig through everything to find display furniture and maybe stands and table cloths. At some point we're going to have to price it. And I should probably have business cards. Oh fan me, I feel another hot mess coming on.

Though I am a bit embarrassed that recently the blog entries are barely longer than Facebook posts (and some of them could almost be tweets), I am nonetheless to tired to write more. I need some ice water and to crash next to my already snoring spouse. Tomorrow will be killer.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Remember, don't be cavalier with the clay...