Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Cold as a Supernatural's Mammary in a Metal Holder

A cold rainy night means a lap full of cats
If last night was a good night for the hot tub, tonight is PERFECT for the down comforter. Every fall when the weather starts to change there is one day when you just freeze. Your hands are cold, your feet are cold, your nose runs, and you can't help but think you'll never make it through the winter if you're this cold and it's only down to 50 or 60 degrees. Well today was that day for me (and Jessie too). I have fuzzy black pants on along with a sweater and sheepskin slippers, and I'm still cold! Every time I turned around tonight Jessie was putting her (freezing) hands on my neck or up under my sweater on my back or my tummy. So I am not much longer for this verticality: it's time to get horizontal under the Mr. Big down comforter from Three Dog Down. Their comforters are hands down (hah! pun!) the best I have ever used with lots of loft and they're extra wide and long. No cover-stealing spouse is going to freeze me out.

So that's the night. But what about the day? Today started with all the dewy promise in the world, but by 4:00 I was wondering where the time had gone, and why I hadn't accomplished anything on any creative projects. Or bills. Or cleaning. I gave good website, that's about all I can say. Oh and I drove Jessie back and forth to school and to the camera store.

The evening was moderately better as we had a family games night and played Dr. Who Clue. I was River Song, Jessie was Clara, and Dave was Strax. There is no Dr. character, and all of the objects used are not weapons. In fact only a couple of them are lethal. I'm not sure what the backstory behind the game is, but Jessie was very happy we got it, and she even won the first game. Now I'm primed to start playing games in the evening with Dave again--Settlers of Catan (if it can be played with two), San Juan (the two-player version of Puerto Rico), and the newly acquired Five Tribes, just to name a few.

The rain is coming down harder. Time to get under the covers. Maybe a hot shower first...

2 comments:

Bill said...

Have you considered chess? Draughts?

ellen abbott said...

right? it was 71 in the house and we were feeling chilled. gets in the 50s and I've got on my long johns.