Monday, November 27, 2017

Austin City Limits Taping

I think you're not supposed to take pictures of the musicians,
but I just couldn't resist this shot of the lights above the stage.
I was fortunate to be invited to be a friend's guest at the Austin City Limits taping of Dan Auerbach tonight, and it was amazing. At one point he was joined on stage for a couple of songs by an older black man wearing black leather pants, a long, black leather duster, black cowboy boots, a black leather cowboy hat, and dark sunglasses. He was wearing a shirt too, and it was nice, but the rest of his ensemble was extraordinary. And then he sang. He had the most beautiful voice! I wish I had caught his name. It's not on the program. Man oh man, he rocked those leather pants! And his voice! He really had personal style and charisma, and he had the audience howling for more.

The rest of today was pedestrian in comparison. I took the child to school. I got a B-12 shot. I worked out. I took the child to lunch. I swept the floor. I worked on A Fair of the Art. Some days are like that. And some nights are like tonight--great Italian food and live music with a friend.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Why the B-12 shot?

Brenda Griffith said...

I am supposed to get one every week as I don't seem to absorb it and am critically low on my own.