Tuesday, November 28, 2017

I Have Done What I Can

I have Liked, I have retweeted, I have updated the Featured Artist on the website. I have sent out booth numbers and requests for load-in times to artists. I have monitored the sign-up sheets for volunteers to make sure we're covered there. I have communicated with food vendors. I have done all I can do--including making my own art!--to get ready for this weekend.

Today was a beautiful day here--sunny, cool, a light breeze. In short, it was perfect studio weather so I succumbed to the urge and made glass. I filled the two larger kilns with pieces for Todd to wrap, and I'll do it again tomorrow. I wish he were staying longer so I could put his little fingers to work and get a bunch of new pieces to photograph and launch before the winter markets. If we're going to do this whole not-do-shows thing we really need to get the website working for us! Maybe I can get him to stay just 2-3 more days. I could send him home Thursday and have a LOT of new glass work to put up.

But for now, I keep my nose to the art fair grindstone, and I look forward to this weekend being over.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Best wishes!

ellen abbott said...

I'm doing much the same. not making work but doing all the stuff necessary to prepare for the next two weekends.