Monday, November 06, 2017

Blogging from the Future!

I won't call this a cheat (though it is) because I already have had one of those. No, this is me coming back from the future to post for yesterday, er, today! Honestly I would've posted today but I broke my fingers on A Fair of the Art. First I did all of the acceptance letters for the first round of jurying for the established artists. Then I updated the website with all of their photos and artist bios. by the time I was done with that I not cleaned a bit of my house, nor had I put away Halloween decorations. I had shipped a package UPS by flagging down a driver on the road and handing him--no, to be fair, he hopped out of his truck and came over to my minivan and unloaded the package himself--a glass shipment for Todd. I had also failed to ship a package to Hawaii USPS because I found I didn't have my wallet after getting all the way to the end of the shipping process at the counter. I diddled around for another 15 minutes trying to make Apple pay work (the postal clerk thought it did) or get my husband on the phone to see if he was close enough to get to the post office to pay for my package before they closed (he never answered--his phone was dead).

After the pressures of the day (not getting the house cleaned at all was actually very stressful--it is a pit) I was very glad that the spouse suggested playing Five Tribes after dinner, even though it kept me from posting. He and I sat at the kitchen table and played this wonderful board game for almost two hours and it was PERFECT. No tv--no media of any kind. I didn't have the heart at the end to say, hey, I have to post. I figured I'd just go to bed with my wonderful spouse and post from the future. The way he puts it is, "It's not lying, it's telling a truth from the future."

1 comment:

Bill said...

What is Five Tribes?