Friday, November 24, 2017

Friday Was Not Black Here

I did shop today, but it was to buy a wreath and a couple of red chili swags from a lady and her son in a pick-up on the side of the road. I did not enter a store. In other shopping news, we didn't get around to buying a Christmas tree, but I'm going to roust everyone out of bed in the morning so we can beat the crowds and get one tomorrow. And that's enough about shopping.

This past week has been a time of profound thought for me, but my thoughts haven't done more than swirl around in my head and peek out a bit in my writing. I'm not sure if it's that I'm still processing them, or if I'm just too tired to reformulate them coherently at the end of each full day, but I need to get at least a couple of them out before they fade back into obscurity. The first big one is that I am finally able to articulate why I don't think piles of gravel arranged on the floor in a grid, or an led light cable put into paving stones (both in the movie The Square) are art--even though they might be in an art museum and have a fancy artist statement behind them. I have also (finally) fully synced my mind with both my body and my anima, and it is not only the most liberating feeling, but it also affects my every interaction with people around me.

Both of these streams of thought and the resultant realizations are worth exploring here on virtual paper. Tonight, however, is not the night. Maybe I'll post earlier tomorrow. I wish I weren't so tired and the spouse weren't waiting for me, but I am and he is. I wish I had time to puzzle through that last grammatical construction a bit more (subjunctive in English) as he weren't feels much more awkward to me that I weren't, but I believe both are correct.

2 comments:

ellen abbott said...

why weren't instead of wasn't? and I'd be interested in hearing more about your second thought and even if I didn't see the piles of gravel I think I would agree with you on that.

Bill said...

I look forward to a deep post soon, then...