Friday, November 10, 2017

Would You Like Some Cheese and Crackers with that Whine?

Apparently I was more than just carsick last night. Today has been a waste of time--and I didn't even enjoy it! If you know up front that you're going to feel crappy all day, you can snuggle into bed in your jammies with some hot tea and ice water, and read, sleep, and knit as feels best. The problem comes when you get up in the morning, get dressed, and try to get things done--all the while hoping you'll feel better soon, but you never really do. Now I'm hoping that today was a one-off day and tomorrow I'm going to be back to my perky, energetic, not-nauseated self. If not, maybe I'll at least be less whiny.

Tomorrow is Saturday and J is filming her noir film for class. It's already a couple of weeks overdue, and I am worried that she's going to run into problems that she won't be able to solve quickly enough to get it all filmed in two days. But I'll try to stay optimistic. I think it's also better if I don't plan to work on anything of my own because I can see having to do set arrangement for her all day--including moving all the furniture out of the great room for one scene. I have a feeling this is going to be quite a lot of effort for a 2-4 minute film.

As today was a blur of bleh, I don't have much to say tonight. I only spoke to three people outside of my family in person today, and those exchanges took a total of 10 minutes. Oh yes, I also gave an order to the clerk at the McDonald's drive-through for the J after school. If I were Cynthia Morgan I would have a long and fascinating story about one of those three people, but they barely impinged on my consciousness. I blame the nausea.

Continuing the 365 Project on Tookapic is also dragging me down. There has been a rumor flying around that the site is going to close down because there isn't enough money to keep it going even for the rest of the year. Just reading that news took the wind out of my sails for my project. How disheartening would it be to have them shut down before the end of the year, before I had a chance to do anything (like make a book) with my project? I don't even have an accurate list of the photos I've used each day as there were last minute substitutions and photos posted from my phone that didn't make it into the folder on my hard drive. I was counting on Tookapic being there. Ooh, listen to that whine! Time to pack it in and go to bed. Sleep (and time) cures all ills (and whines).

5 comments:

ellen abbott said...

never heard of tookapic but don't they have some kind of archive you can download the pictures from? and I hope you are better today.

Bill said...

Doctor? Maybe?

Brenda Griffith said...

Had my dr appt today. She thought my issue might be related to the diabetes. My H1C went from 5.8 two weeks ago to 6.6 today.

Bill said...

Why is she testing you so often? The standard of care is doing the test quarterly...

Brenda Griffith said...

She changed my BP meds to Losartan from Lisinopril and wanted to see how it was working--I hadn't started yet. So now we're set for 3 mos.