Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Hot Tubs are Good

Today I successfully shipped the USPS package I failed at yesterday, and I went out to lunch first with my husband and then with my daughter: I was having lunch with Dave when Jessie texted me to see if I had shipped my package and might be interested in having lunch with her in conjunction with shipping it. I didn't have the heart to tell her no so after Dave and I were done, I picked her up from school and we went through the Wendy's drive-through (which is coincidentally right across the street from the post office).

Today was a much calmer day--and I DID get some housework done: I vacuumed and mopped the floors. I also got the first nibbles from the parents of prospective emerging artists after putting out a Call for Young Artists on Next Door.

The afternoon ended with creating the back of the postcard for A Fair of the Art--Meredith, our wonderful graphic designer-parent did the front--and getting the postcard in for printing and delivery Thursday. Zaga came over for dinner (Dave made adobo chicken, yum) and then she and I sat in their hot tub drinking wine and talking for a couple of hours. A hot tub is a wonderful, marvelous thing, and I am wondering why we don't have one. We might need to work on that. We're at the point now in our marriage that we could easily buy a hot tub as our anniversary and Christmas gifts to ourselves. Maybe next year.

Now some more spouse time and off to, you guessed it, bed!

2 comments:

Bill said...

Why not make the pond into a hot tub?

Brenda Griffith said...

Because it would kill the fish, frogs, and lilies. And it's so big we could never afford to heat it. And it's too far from the house.