Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Sex, Sickness, Pets, or Tragedy


I don't really have anything to say about any of the words in the title of this blog, but I noticed a curious trend in my blog stats tonight: The blogs that have those themes in them are read more than the others. So I just want to experiment a bit to see if there is a big response to this title. (Although at this point I'm asking myself: 1) What am I doing thinking I have time to be looking at stats, and 2) What do I care anyway?)

So here it is the end of the evening, I'm sitting down to blog, and--miracle of miracles--I'm not exhausted! Maybe it's because I had Prosecco with lunch, and then wine and cheese for a late dinner. It's certainly not that I got a lot of sleep last night because, hey, pets. But my friend Debbie is here from Dallas, we have talked gardening, business and glass all afternoon (after the prosecco lunch at Chez Zee) , and I even got another page and a half done on my website. Check out the colorways page! Isn't it cool that it looks like the comb in a beehive?

Not too much happened on the contracting front today. The pond moved forward a bit, but that was about it. It rained. The solar guys didn't show, nor did the inspector, nor did anyone call to give me an update. Jessie came home sick from school. The cleaning women came after saying they weren't going to come so I hadn't cleaned in advance for them. (Yes, I finally succumbed--I can't clean AND garden.) Debbie came for a three-day visit.

But I'm not exhausted, and I think it's because I finally checked something off my list that has been hanging on there for weeks. Or maybe it's because it wasn't blazingly hot today... Nope. I'm going with the euphoria of getting something DONE. FINITO. Archived from Trello. And even though I'm not exhausted, I am going to quit here (after babbling on about nothing much in particular) so I can show Debbie the apartment and then spend some time with my spouse when we are both awake. That will be a nice change. Unless he's already asleep...

4 comments:

Bill said...

How dare he fall asleep while you are speaking to him?!?!?

Brenda Griffith said...

Apparently he daren't. He was (barely) awake and even managed a little snuggling before snoring. I love my spouse.

Bill said...

Well done, lad. Well done!

Brenda Griffith said...

And I was right--more hits on this post than all other recent ones--probably because of the title. People are lurid and morbid.