Saturday, May 13, 2017

Breathe

The past few days I've been dragging my feet about our departure for Montana and secretly relieved it's been delayed a couple of weeks by Jessie's upcoming trip to Atlanta. But that was before today. Today I worked in the studio most of the day, and all I got through was unpacking the stringer and rod. It was a bit discouraging to see so little accomplished, but it was a difficult organizational task to complete in a small space, and I'm not ashamed of my performance. The problem I had was not even with the quantity of what I did or even the quality. It was the temperature at which I had to do it. I like to have died out there! I am not meant to work in the heat. It upsets my tummy something fierce and just drains my will to live.

I meant to work on the computer stuff for the studio--website and newsletter--when I came inside, but it was all I could do to sit and play "Witcher" for a couple of hours till dinner. I blame Glenn Marsh who just visited from Chicago. He introduced me to the gog.com online computer game site for computer games old and new that will work on your current computer system. Sadly, though all the Might and Magic games are available, they're only for Windows.

Do I really have time to play computer games for a couple of hours? Sure. I'm not dead yet, and my inbox will be full when I am so I'm not going to sweat taking a little time out to do something engrossingly, mindlessly fun now. Speaking of which, I think I'll go play just a wee bit more before bed. Pictures tomorrow (of the studio--not my game).

1 comment:

Bill said...

Are you planning on air conditioning in your studio?