Monday, May 08, 2017

Same Old, Same Old

There's a road runner in this photo. Really.
The week began with a text from our solar company at 7:30 am to let me know that the inspector is dicking us around again and cancelled today's scheduled inspection because he didn't have time to review the documents he asked for. He got them Thursday at 4:00 pm. Even if he doesn't work at all on weekends, he had all day Friday and at this point (four months after the solar system was installed and it's still not operational) he should have made time. I had enough and called him, the chief inspector for the city and the inspector scheduler. Now the inspector wants something in conduit instead of in a gutter... Frankly, I think he's just being an ass. Rant over.

Shipped a big glass order today, but didn't get thing one done on the website or the newsletter. Shame on me, must get to that tomorrow. Because I was dealing with bees today, I let the contractors be (hah! a pun!), and I think I'm going to have to light a fire under tails tomorrow again. I was really expecting a lot more accomplished today than happened.

Jessie got 100 on her Japanese test today and I wish I could include a picture of it here. Her writing is so beautiful! It is as delicate and precise as the instructor's (or the instructor's computer's--it's hard to tell whether he wrote the test out or typed it).

Now it's time for bed. I'm all restless, frustrated, pissy, and exhausted--and I don't have a picture for the 365 project for today. However the chicken carcass from dinner will make a good subject and fit my mood just fine...

Oh, speaking of birds, I saw a road runner in the front yard again today! Wily little thing, I can never get close enough for a good picture of it. (It's in the center of the picture in front of the minivan.)

1 comment:

Bill said...

Do you look vaguely coyote-like? That might be why the roadrunner is so skittish...