Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Broussard Tuesday

Coffee in the New Orleans skyline mug, "Home" by Marc Broussard on iTunes--both are in honor of Marc Broussard whom I was fortunate enough to see live last night from about seven people back at a private concert in an 800 person venue (the photo is from Dave's Blackberry). It was the last night of the tour and the band was on fire (literally--it had to be 95 degrees in the audience, I can't imagine what it was like under the lights). The Sons of William opened for them, and they were really great--I'm going to be getting their first album.

Started the morning in the studio by finding one more thing that was stolen in the burglary--the craftsman stained glass lamp from the office. It was just an inexpensive Home Depot lamp, but it was a special wow-I-have-a-real-studio-not-a-space-in-a-basement purchase and I was really bummed to reach to turn it on only to find it gone. (It's also sad when a glass artist can buy a stained glass lamp from Home Depot cheaper than she can make it--but that's another story.)

The last of the dirt arrives today and then all the plants I bought over the weekend go in. The studio is *really* starting to come together outside. And with Becky riding herd on me, it's also coming together inside. Pretty soon I'm going to turn her loose on my desk and watch my papers magically file themselves (they will cower and run in fear from Becky).

My glass order--150 lbs of frit--from Bullseye should be here tomorrow and none to soon as I will run out of yellow medium today with more cosmos, passionate, fresh and flame pieces to do (all series that require yellow). Still haven't finished the firing schedule, but I am keeping at least a day or two out on it so full loads are firing daily. Today is the last day of single kiln firing. Tomorrow I start back in the two-loads-per-day cycle as I will have a full fuse load for one kiln and a full slump load for t'other. (As the kilns are both 72" X 36", that's a lot of pieces.)

I had more to say, but I can't remember what it was (the morning is underway and I have writus interruptus) so I'm going to get to work.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Don't worry, I'm sure it will come to you, just about when you can't get back to the keyboard...

Mindy said...

I thought you said it was a slow summer.

Dee said...

LOL sounds like quite the productive asst you have found! ;) i'll bet your desk is cowering in fear of her descending upon it at any moment snkr snkr