Sunday, October 29, 2017

Sunday is a Rest Day

I lied, again! This is becoming a habit. Even though I said there would be, there are no pictures of the garden from today, nor video. I have to fix the Grim Reaper who fell over at the waist (poorly soldered thin metal), and I still have lighting issues. I just didn't have the spunk today to fix the lanterns, but I need to so something. It's almost tempting to break out one of the four panes of glass so I can reach in on that side to turn the little candles on and off (getting in through the top is nogh on impossible). Of course then I couldn't use real candles in them as it would be too dangerous. I did find some wonderful solar landscape lights on Amazon that got rave reviews (over 3,000 of them--reviews, not lights I purchased...) and were only $12 apiece so I picked up a few. I have been wanting landscape lights of the garden and the trees so these will be perfect for now for Halloween lighting, and after Halloween they will be good for lighting trees and the front of the house--with solar!

Getting the lights and a few other things on my shopping list was all the work I did today. The rest was relaxation: I took the dogs to the dog park with Zaga this morning, I read and watched woodworking YouTube videos this afternoon, and then I napped (well, read some more in bed). Now I'm in another sugar coma from Dave's spice cake and ready to head off to bed. But I'm not truly tired and it is only 9:00. Maybe I'll read a bit more or play some more solitaire. Tomorrow is time enough to work.

2 comments:

ellen abbott said...

rest days are good. rain usually puts me in the mood for a rest day. so do cold days.

Bill said...

I'm glad to see that you are human and need your rest, too.