Saturday, October 21, 2017

A Day (Sort of) Off

Today I had every intention of finishing the installation of the Halloween decorations, but instead I worked on the documentation for our HomeAway rental all day. Dave and I both wanted to sleep in this morning, but between the dogs wanting out to pee and the cats wanting fed (and all five animals roaming the bedroom making their wants known--cats on top of the bed and dogs squiggling around it), there was no way. It was a normal 8:00 am day. So I worked on docs until my eyes (almost) bled, and then I napped.

Tomorrow is the Formula One United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas, and for my sins, I am apparently spending the day there. Jessie's birthday is in a couple of weeks and all she wanted for it was to go to the race. So tomorrow morning we load up the folding chairs, lots of battery-powered devices, and my knitting and we go off to watch cars go round and round in circles for several hours. Stevie Wonder is putting on a concert at the end of the race and I hope we have enough energy left to stay and watch it.

I am definitely dragging and feel the need for a day of doing nothing but curling up and reading. Maybe next Thursday...

3 comments:

Bill said...

Really? Formula One?

Brenda Griffith said...

Yep. Most teenage girls have pictures of bands or hot young actors taped up on their walls. My daughter has pictures of Corvettes. She is mad about racing--not to do, just to watch!

Bill said...

Don't get too close to the walls, just in case of a wreck.