Thursday, October 19, 2017

Does There Need To Be a Title?

I thought I'd do a longer post tonight, but I'm too sated. It was a good day, almost a great day. I'm behind in what I need to get done this week and totally over extended, but it's fall. The days are cooler and the nights are downright nippy. The weather alone makes me happier than anyone has any right to be. I was able to examine all the beehives today without sweating more than, oh, a quart or so. And it looks like I'll even end up with honey from one of the hives. I wasn't anticipating getting any honey at all this year so that will be pretty cool.

I didn't get the Halloween decorations up today--have to do them tomorrow. Also didn't get to put the finishing touches on the apartment (like take the cardboard off the stairs leading up to it or pick up the loaner crib from Vanessa) so those will also be tomorrow. The highlight of today was a wonderful lunch at Asti Trattoria with my longtime friend Lize. I don't see her enough since we moved back to Austin an I'm making an early new year's resolution to change that.

I also floated at Liquid Floats this afternoon as I had two floats expiring tomorrow. It is a sensory deprivation tank where you float in heavily salinated water two degrees above your body temperature in the dark with no sound. Well, no sound except for my snoring. I kept falling asleep and either twitching or snoring myself awake.

And now the husband calls and I must go. I leave you with a little ee cummings:

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
                                                      i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

2 comments:

Bill said...

Is it deep enough to drown in? Weren't you worried about falling asleep?

Brenda Griffith said...

I had my head in a little floaty donut thing so I stayed on my back, and the water is so salinated you can't help but float. Nope. I kept twitching and snoring myself awake, sadly.