Friday, October 20, 2017

Halloween Has Come to Stone's Throw

The ghostly woman in the garden
Today is our first day renting the apartment and I spent all day getting ready. I discovered at 1:30 that I had dropped the ball on replacing the toilet so I quick called our handyman, and he zipped out and put in the new toilet I bought at Home Depot between calling him and his arrival. I put together the crib I borrowed from Bryon and Vanessa, and I set out a cute little arrangement of Tassimo coffees and teas, and a vase of flowers from the garden. I turned two twin beds into a king, and fluffed freshly laundered towels. I hope they enjoy their stay and write us a good review.

Today is also the first major push getting the Halloween decorations put up. There is a ghostly woman, a grim reaper, three large human skeletons, the tyrannosaurus rex skeleton from a previous post, and a bunch of bat, cat, rat, crow, vulture, and snake skeletons--even an alligator skull floating in the pond. There are also a bunch of gravestones and some cool lanterns to turn the botanical garden into a ghostly fright-land. I really like the rat skeletons.

Jessie helped and put almost everything into place for me, I just have to install it all (anchor it to keep it from blowing away in the wind) and put up the lanterns. Too bad I can't set them up to turn on and off automatically. Tomorrow we'll finish out there, and I'll have two more big things off my list (Halloween and cleaning/mailing).

And now I lay me down to sleep...


3 comments:

ellen abbott said...

people tell me I work all the time, am always busy but woman, you put me to shame.

Bill said...

Do you reserve breathing until after you go to sleep?

Brenda Griffith said...

Some days I breathe more than others. Yesterday was not such a day.