Monday, October 30, 2017

Physician, Heal Thyself!

Sacked out spaniel--going to the vet wore him out!
I am not a physician, nor do I play one on tv. So today was my day to deal with health issues--both mine and the dogs. The cats get their turn on Thursday. It's a good thing I hold in my mind that I only have to do three things a day and everything after that is gravy, because today it took everything I had to get in three: I spent a long time at the doctor have my glucose levels (not really glucose--the other thing like glucose they check the level of for diabetes) checked. They were a tad higher than they were before I went on medication. To help me see what's going on, they prescribed a glucose meter thingie for me so I can stick my finger and read my blood sugar levels. They also changed my blood pressure meds because I have the strange cough symptom that is a side effect of Lisinopril... And now I am truly old, prattling on like a geriatric about my various medications.

After I escaped from the doctor's office--without having seen a doctor in the hour+ I was there, ah modern medicine!--I checked in with Todd and made the decision NOT to do ACRE next year. I am going to stick to my guns and try to make the business work with primarily a web interface between me and the galleries I serve. We shall see.

The afternoon was spent at the vet with all three dogs. What possesses me to schedule their appointments like that? I always think it will be easier to take them all at once and get it over with, but who am I kidding? An old slow spaniel at one and and a bouncy Irish wolfhound at the other. Oh, and the shepherd-basset hound who hides under my chair (and my skirt) trying to escape the vet tech's notice. It felt like we were there hours because, well, we were! But they are all fine--even Baxter--and I get to do it again on Thursday with the cats!

Tonight the call went out for emerging artists (students 18 and under) to apply for A Fair of the Art. We just reached a midpoint in the established artist section. I really hope we get a big push before the end of the week.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Hemoglobin A1C.

Brenda Griffith said...

That's it! The A1C (not that I would ever doubt you as you ARE a physician.)

ellen abbott said...

I didn't even accomplish three things. went to the bank, visited my friend, and then it rained. rain is like tripping my breaker. nothing else after that.