Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Terrific Tuesday (Yawn)

No coffee yet--I eagerly listen to it brew, "Feel Good Time" by Pink on iTunes. Happy Anniversary to me! (and to Dave, of course) The perky music is beautifully juxtaposed with my languid, somnolent self. This five-day school break of Jessie's has really taken me out my regularly scheduled programming. Jessie's pre-teenager and my inner teenager both like to sleep late (and mine likes to go to bed early too). I find myself dozing in the filtered fall sunlight a lot--the only energetic adverb that can be applied to my activities of the past four days is "voracious" and it is only linked to reading on the Kindle. It's been a lovely little unplanned vacation. Today I really need to get back to the real world--glass to make, glass to ship, the schedule for a 7th grade field trip in the glass studio to plan.

My glass order from Bullseye is due this week and I lucked out and they were able to send me 120 sheets of clear irid. Glass ahoy! Time to go grab a mug of coffee... Ahh, Austin mug and sweet Italian cream coffeemate (one of my little perversions).

One last subject change before I head off to the studio to ease back into work: Inspired by Dave, Stacy and Becky I got back on the build-a-healthy-body wagon again last week. It wasn't a lot of fun--sometimes you get endorphins, sometimes you just get tired, last week was just tired for me. But I made it through the week and have added a new goal for this week: Increase my treadmill time by one minute every day. This tiny adjustment is very unlike me. I have always been a woman of big sweeping strokes and bold action ala "let's double the time this week!". I think the lack of endorphins generated from last week's workouts and my current extreme laziness enabled sanity to prevail. A minute is nothing, as I proved yesterday when I tried it out the time extension for the first time. And yet, at the end of a month I *will* have doubled my time. Small steps, big goals. I have this lavender dress...

5 comments:

Bill said...

Shouldn't you have a blue dress?

ren said...

hey, congrats on your anniversary.

and for the record, my inner teenager likes to sleep late too...but she also really likes to stay up late.


and she really wantsa kindle but won't pay that price for it so she is waiting...not so patiently.

New Mom said...

and a gorgeous lavender dress it is!

Brenda Griffith said...

V, it is a dress that I am still sad I didn't get to wear to your wedding, but breathing and bending trumped the potential for gorgeous.

Bill, you better not be saying I am a devil...

Bill said...

Perish the thought. Maybe we should ask Dave...