Sunday, December 24, 2017

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas, we're back in the house.
All the creatures are snuggled up tight on the couch.
The child's wrapping presents in the laundry room now,
To put under the tree in hopes we'll say WOW!
I made a big fire, so I'm glad that it's cold, 
The size of this fireplace never gets old!
Lasagna and champagne for dinner tonight,
and watching Hogfather by low firelight.
Tradition is always a wonderful thing,
But this year we won't watch the Lord of the Rings.
As trilogies go it is really quite good,
But my butt would go numb if I sat still that long.
It's obvious now I'm all out of rhymes,
So to bed I go, it's long past the time.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Hogfather is in my top two solstice holiday films, the other being Scrooged.