Thursday, December 21, 2017

Craps is Not For Me

At the end of a two-trip-long experiment, I have determined that gambling is not for me. I used to like blackjack--and I still do to some extent--but as entertaining as it is, it's not worth the cost of playing in a commercial venue. And as much as I love Zaga (and love watching her win consistently), playing craps is the same. It's fun, but I'd rather spend the money on some other form of entertainment because as sure as goddess made little green apples, the money will disappear when I play.

Outside of busting out at craps, I spent the day working on data.world doc and trying to get over the cold I picked up on Day 1. I heard tonight that there are 91 people with the flu on the ship. That's over 2% of the ship's guest population, a number that seems pretty significant to me. Of course I don't know if that's diagnosed instances--in which case the actual number could be quite a bit higher--or even just speculation. The ship IS a floating petri dish after all, and they are not being nearly as aggressive with making everyone use the antibacterial gel at the entrance to the buffet as they should be. We don't have it as bad as the two Royal Caribbean ships in the past few weeks which had outbreaks of norovirus, but, hey, there are two more days left on the ship. Anything can happen!

Tomorrow, Cozumel for some and more doc writing for me--along with several hours with the J doing whatever she wants to do (arcade games, Johnny Rockets for burgers and shakes, the water slides and pool, just hanging, whatever!). Tonight, my eyelids. G'night all, sweet dreams (and no bedbugs).

2 comments:

Bill said...

2% probably came on board with various viruses which they then share via the buffet. Or sneezing.

ellen abbott said...

you're not going ashore at Cozumel? shame on you! it's probably one of my favorite places in the world. and that whole floating petri dish thing is what has kept me from taking a cruise, that and the horror stories of drifting ships and other problems.