Monday, December 11, 2017

Day One Down

Ever have one of those days when you're just not that smart? You find yourself making basic errors well-below your level of knowledge and experience, and you can't seem to grasp even low-level concepts. I had that day today. It was supposed to be a solid writing day--and I put in the time--but I ended it with one page written. I think. Maybe I wrote another. I don't know. I don't know if I wrote it completely last Friday (or whenever Dave was helping me write complex SQL queries to join the tables in my dataset), or if I only started it then and mostly wrote it today. *sigh* I feel my brains leaking out my ears as I sit here. Tomorrow I'm going in to the office all day and I hope I absorb smartness and savvy from the air and people around me. And tamales. Apparently the office orders lunch in on Tuesday and it's tamale day.

On fronts other than writing, however, it was a solid (if somewhat lethargic) day. I worked out. I packed two glass shipments that I will mail tomorrow. I packed three Christmas packages also to go out tomorrow. I didn't make it through the bills, but I will hang the stockings by the chimney with care now, and then I'll head off to clean up dog pee on my way to bed. Thank you Baxter.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Poor wee pup. Baxter, too.

ellen abbott said...

sounds like your brain was telling you to take the day off.