Wednesday, December 06, 2017

It Rained All Day

What's with all the rain? I don't have a rain gauge up, but it didn't stop raining all day. Seriously. It rained heavily all last night and it's still raining now. That's a lot of water!

I spent another day slaving over a hot laptop... well at least part of another day. The rest was spent working on learning a skill (piano lesson), being healthy (working out), and being a good parent (having lunch with my child and taking her out after school to photograph architecture for her photography class assignment). Tomorrow I have more time to devote to writing so I can get past the first page hump.

A first page doesn't seem like much, but when you are learning a new writing platform and tweaking your outline for the rest of the doc, a lot else gets done along with the first page. Tomorrow will see me writing example queries against my test database and finishing the format for the next major set of pages. My goal is to get through all of the Basic material by the end of the week. I doubt if I can finish Intermediate, Advanced and Reference by the end of next week, but I need something to do while we're on vacation besides relax and have fun!

Speaking of relaxing... Tonight gets another short post and I'm off to bed.

3 comments:

Bill said...

You took on a new job just before going on a vacation? Really?

ellen abbott said...

here too, the rain I mean though not hard. rained just about all day yesterday and is raining now. cold and wet. ugh.

Bill said...

Some rain here would be very helpful for our wildfires...