Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Day Two: Life is Complicated

It's a sad state of affairs when you are looking forward to going on vacation so that you can get in uninterrupted work... I to data.world for the entire day today hoping that proximity to genius would make my brain spin faster. My brain, however, chugged along at its normal pace and I found myself inordinately distracted by the conversations and goings on around me. *sigh* Tomorrow I take headphones. I did have a lot of fun, however, asking Dave questions on Slack, and if he didn't answer me in what I considered was a timely enough fashion (immediately), I would lean a bit to the left and pointedly stare at him waggling my eyebrows until he took the hint. More seriously, it was also good to be there to participate in project meetings and to do more meta-data brainstorming. My biggest take-away from the meetings and the day was that shipping on time is the most important thing I can do, and "on-time" means before the end of the year. Sadly I keep coming up with bits and bobs of expansions that would greatly improve the end result, (exercises, for example), but there is no coming up with more time. My time is already restricted as I have to spend the week between Christmas and New Year's helping Jessie (teaching her how) to create her fashion show pieces.

We'll see what I can do with the rest of this week. I cleared everything but my last ceramics class Thursday morning (and getting new tires on the minivan) off of my schedule for the week, and I shipped the glass orders and all the Christmas presents I had to mail today. I'll wrap our Christmas presents and stocking stuffers when we get back on Christmas Eve, and I'll clean the apartment in the morning on Boxing Day before our guest arrives. Somehow it will all work out, and I WILL get a vacation and all the rest and relaxation that comes with one, and I WILL meet all my deadlines. Dave is most insistent that I get a vacation as when Momma isn't happy, nobody's happy.

Happiness tonight is going to bed so my spouse can stroke my back while I fall asleep. He's a keeper!

2 comments:

Bill said...

I can only imagine what it would be like to bring Bridget to work for an entire work day.

ellen abbott said...

we're making our lives simpler. after doing these two etched glass jobs (if they both come through after I send my proposals) after the first of the year (and the one sometime next year if it doesn't get kicked out of the budget) we are retiring from the etched glass business. no longer going to accept that work.