Friday, December 15, 2017

Day Five and You're Out!

And my intense work week at data.world has come to an end. I haven't finished the writing yet, but it'll be done before we get back from vacation. Better still,  I am finally comfortable that it's going well. While it has been a good experience, I do not feel compelled to run out and find myself another corporate job. Data.world is the best of the best and an incredible place to work, but I need to make cheese now.

Tonight as we were sitting in the great room winding down from work I asked Dave if he was still looking for a Christmas present for me. He asked what I had in mind and I pointed him to this urban cheese making kit I found at the Grommet. I had been eyeing it for a couple of days and it was available today with free shipping. He said no. No! He said I don't need any more hobbies. I said, but it's cheese! Speaking of cheese, I haven't heard anything from my sister-in-law on the package I sent her. UPS said it was delivered today. I'm not taking it as a good sign that she hasn't called...

Tomorrow is all about cleaning for the house and pet sitter, packing for vacation, the bills I didn't get around to paying last weekend, looking in on the bees who have been on their own for weeks now, depositing the checks that have languished for up to a month, and communication with glass clients about their orders. It's also going to be a day for getting my laptop all tricked out so I can continue to run queries and document SQL while on a boat in the middle of the Caribbean. It's a hard job, but someone has to do it!




3 comments:

Bill said...

You have no idea how difficult it is to make cheese, young lady.

Franzeska said...

Ooh. My hubby will want one of those cheese kits. BTW, in one of my past lives I was a technology trainer and wrote lots of mini-books for the various MS Office applications, including Access. Thank goodness my audiences for Access were beginners. That is not a user-friendly program. As a glass artist, your brain must be very comfortable working in concrete-sequential mode, a necessity for your present task. I'll repeat here that one of the reasons I'm following you is that I so enjoyed your writing (books). Does the real you shine through in this project?

Brenda Griffith said...

Fran, I think it does. BTW, you saw I posted the links to those cheese kits on FB, right?