Monday, July 24, 2017

Back To Regular Life Tomorrow

If it weren't for the fact that I'm in Austin not Polson and recovering from minor abdominal surgery, I would say it's just another day as I sit down to post at 9:30 pm. But, meh, abdominal thing.

I gracefully took today easy and either sat or slept all day. All functions seem to be back to normal, and except for some deep discomfort (the gnomes need to quit hammering on my right kidney!), we are moving past The Incident. Tomorrow I am meeting with my bee guy at 8:00 am to inspect the hives in the cool and without suits. There's no way I could bear a bee suit right now. Hey! I just looked down and my hands are no longer swollen! Between fluid retention and an IV catheter in one hand, they were looking pretty Stay Puft Marshmallow Man till just now. Another sign I am on the mend. After the bee inspection I'll probably nap--no need to go overboard on the regular life thing. I'll do a firing on three pieces I have due from last week in the afternoon.

So nothing exciting to post about. Convalescence just seems to drag on in slow motion. If I were more comfortable, I'd just sit back and enjoy it. Instead, I eat Belgian chocolate pudding with whipped cream and wait for it to end.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Stay there at least until Monday.

Brenda Griffith said...

My line in the sand is Friday morning. All signs are looking really good and I just want to GET BACK TO MY SPOUSE! I can only eat Pop Tarts, fruit, and Frosted Mini-Wheats for so many days...

Bill said...

Ignore the old gray doctor at your peril.