Monday, July 17, 2017

Apple Jelly With Rose Petals

What a day! From the schedule that I made yesterday I managed to get my cutting list to the lumber mill for the bed (I also picked out another slab for a matching desk--I am considering a dining room table, but that can wait till next year!), Dave helped me unload the trailer, and Jessie went out to the lake with me and helped me load it up again. This afternoon I stopped by our vet's office and picked green apples from their tree in back, and tonight I'm starting a batch of apple and rose petal jelly. I'll pick the rose petals from my mother's peace roses first thing tomorrow when they're still cool with dew. Besides the apple and rose petal jelly, tomorrow I'll make a batch of the green apple jelly to use as pectin in other preserve recipes this summer. These recipes are both from the book Mes Confitures by Christine Ferber.

The animal shelter was closed today so I couldn't talk to them about the rabbit pens, but tomorrow morning I'll move the pens out into the rock garden in the backyard and give the shelter a call. This way I'll be able to set up the fleece station pretty quickly. I won't have time to use it before I get back, but it'll be ready and waiting for me next week. The second hand store that benefits the animal shelter was also closed today, and I don't know if I'm going to have time to take a load of stuff to them before leaving for the airport tomorrow. I think I'll be conservative and just say no.

What I will do tomorrow is cut out four shirts for Dave that I will take to Austin to sew, and I'll finish my two jellies. I'll also pack, though we're only going for four days and it's not like I don't have toiletries and clothes there. The important thing to remember is the car keys for the Leaf!

1 comment:

Bill said...

If all else fails, there's always Uber.