Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Wasn't Groundhog Day the First of February?

Ever had one of those weeks where it felt simultaneously like you were running in quicksand and doing a remake of "Groundhog Day" with you in the starring role instead of Bill Murray? It's only Tuesday, it feels like it's been days since the week started, and I keep doing the same things over and over again. If I go back to my post on Sunday, I was gleefully defiant about not getting to the taxes or packing up glass orders to go out the door. But then I washed, rinsed, and repeated the not-getting-to's yesterday, and again today. For glass, it's not that I'm not firing, I just can't complete. I still haven't been able to get the orders I planned to ship the middle of last week shipped. Between pieces needing to be redone, kilns erroring out and not firing, and new orders coming in which need to be added to the glass I'm sending to Todd, it feels like I'm never going to get it all in the mail and out of the studio. I'm not even going to get to ship the glass to Todd tomorrow because I still have one more firing to do in the sequence before it's ready. At least I should be able to get an order out that's going straight to a gallery instead of via Todd.

Tonight after dinner I finally got all my business accounts reconciled from last year. I still haven't done the personal accounts so I don't know if there are transactions I put on the personal credit card or paid for out of the personal checking that I should be deducting for the business, but at this point it's hard to care. Personal taxes next. God help me.

While I am having completion anxiety, the guys working in the garden are kicking butt. They brought in the chipper/shredder today, and with one more day at it, they'll have three piles of mulch and a pile of cedar logs for me. Then it'll be time to build the beds. In an interesting turn of events, it turns out to be cheaper, more durable, faster, and less maintenance--as well as better looking--to do the bed walls in stone (decorative concrete block) rather than wood.

Some day soon I hope to be able to get to choosing plants, checking on bee delivery dates, putting together the flow hive, and building/buying a Top Bar hive. Then maybe washing fleece and starting my homework for the Master Spinner level 1 class, putting up the new studio website, contacting all my galleries about this spring's orders, and a dozen other projects that I have in mid-flow.

I really am trying to be okay with not getting everything done Now! Now! Now!, but I am struggling.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Oy.