Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Shi

Coffee in the Austin skyline mug, "Ada" by the National on iTunes. Already had my first-thing-in-the-week check-ins with Bill from Elliott Metal and Stacy the Assistant. Now I need to organize myself into a vertical working position when all I want to do is stay curled in the recliner reading... I am pooped. The art festival experience over the weekend was okay. It was good to see old friends/other glass artists, sales were decent, and tear down/load out only took a couple of hours. But a rating of "meh" is not good enough to repeat the experience. I may have just moved into a mental business-model space that doesn't include outdoor weekend shows. Even after a day of lazing around culminating in a great grilled dinner and playing lots of Rock Band with friends (I got to sing this time--Dave took the drums) I am still pooped.

But I don't have time to rest on my laurels--cozy though they are. It's time to start gearing up for the Buyer's Market show in... August (Bill is dragging me kicking and screaming into the year of the fruit bat and making me do more planning in advance and less flying by the seat of my pants... another new business model). The website needs some major attention (I have four articles to write for it at this point and as the summer issue of Profitable Glass just came out with a feature article on my studio in it, I need to get it updated). There are four orders from ACRE to ship this week including the biggest one of the show--and there are only four days left in the week! Lots of fours in this paragraph. Did you know the word for "four" in Japanese is shi and it's the same word for death? On that note...

2 comments:

Bill said...

Good Bill.

Wise Bill.

I must encourage this Bill to drag you some more.

Can you post videos of you kicking and screaming? It must be very entertaining...

Dee said...

LOLOL what a concept - planning in advance ;P and we all would like to see the amazon woman dragged kicking and screaming hehehehehe