Saturday, April 26, 2008

ACRE Day 1

Coffee is stone-cold in the Starbucks go-cup, the voices of buyers and artists rise and fall like the notes of the calliope at the carnival. It is 12:30 pm and I just sat down for my first relaxed breath since 7:00 am when we got here. My optimism yesterday was misplaced--we left at 9:30 last night. I got back to the hotel and had a glass of sauvignon blanc and a Snickers bar in bed for dinner.

This morning I used every minute till 45 minutes after the show opened at 10:00 to finish set-up. In all it took about 20 hours to get the two booths set up--and there were three of us working. We need a better process. I think it's my best booth ever--and my best work, but there has got to be a quicker good way to get a display up.

The show started with a bang--I took a big order from a new gallery in Sedona 45 minutes before the doors even opened. Since then there has been a lot of buzz, a lot of traffic, and a lot of energy flying around--and one more order. I have high hopes for a good show.

Pics are the incredible booth and the new "Fresh Koi" in a large stand ("Fresh" is a new color and the stand is a simplified Koi--the glass is 24" X 16").

3 comments:

ren said...

you know, i used to work the popcorn stand inside a carousel at an amusement park. it would take many hours to get that damn music out of my head. it even invaded my dreams. i hope that the voices don't do that to you.

Bill said...

I hope that the orders come rolling in, like a high tide...

Brenda Griffith said...

Voices, voices in my head.... AAAAAAGHH!