Friday, October 19, 2007

The Week Closes As It Began

Coffee in the Los Angeles skyline mug, "Kentucky Rain" by Elvis Presley on iTunes, Amazon sales ranking on the book #1,630, #1 in Books > Home & Garden > Crafts & Hobbies > Glass & Glassware. Wow. And the only reason I even know this is Dave told me about Rankforest the night before last and I set it up. Again, wow. And it's on Amazon UK and Amazon France! No takers yet on the photo-in-the-wild contest. It's still wide open...

I was such a Mom yesterday that I managed to only get an hour and a half in the studio working on a firing that I never did get in (pushed off till this morning after I do the pet insurance and UPS claims forms). I didn't make it to the new studio at all to paint (even though I was in my slouchy paint clothes all day). Today will be a different story. Today I also meet the rep from the termite company who will present his interpretation of my problem and pitch me on their solution.

Georgia Power *might* get my power hooked up today. No one had called me (despite assurances to the contrary) by yesterday morning so I called and reigned down my wrath upon them. I invoked the calling-of-the-mayor if I didn't get some answers from somebody as to why I still didn't have power and where I was in the schedule. Within half an hour three people had called me back and I had made it onto the schedule for today... weather permitting. Since there is a big storm front passing through from the gulf today, I doubt if the rain is going to permit. Whatever. I am in the che sera, sera stage at this point and work when there is enough light.

I think that's all for this morning. My delivery from Bullseye is scheduled for Monday in the new studio and I am anxious to see how it goes with the new delivery gate. I haven't decided yet whether to just drop the pallet on the drive or to ask him to wheel it up the ramp and into the studio door (what a luxury!). There won't be posting over the weekend, but there will be painting and working so I'll be Studio Incarnate!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Tisn't "che sera, sera"; that sounds like Che Guevera is going to come back and haunt us. It's "que sera, sera".

Whatever.

Brenda Griffith said...

What, I don't remind you of Che Guevera?

Anonymous said...

You have more of a sense of humor than he did.

For that matter, he has more facial hair.

Brenda Griffith said...

Oh that's a relief!