Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Groundhog Day

Coffee in the Washington D.C. skyline mug, "Possession" by Sarah McLachlan on iTunes. I am possessed, consumed, by the new studio. I woke up today and I am Bill Murray. The painting is interminable and I am back to having anxiety attacks in the middle of the night. Last night's episode *could* have been caused by overeating dinner at Babette's Cafe followed by dessert (blackberry and chocolate beignets) at Pacific Kitchen, but it could just be the fourth straight rainy, grey day of painting.

Before I head out for today's paint-a-palooza, I have to ship three orders, slump a stray piece, order metal pieces from EMW, send in my VIP list for the One of a Kind Show, and shuffle other assorted papers. Does *any* of that sound enjoyable? Where is the playing with the vitrigraph kiln, experimenting with color, trying new mold-making techniques?

SLAP! Oh just get over it! Sometimes I think I have the attention span of a flea. I lose sight of the long goal and get discouraged by a little drudgery. The studio will be INCREDIBLE when it's finished, and all the investment of time and money will be well spent. THEN Licha will come play with vitrigraph, and Becky will hang and make beads, and Dee will make molds (or is that Licha again?), and Leah will blast in the cabinet. There will be sunshine again and it will stream into the windows of an above-ground studio for the first time in five years (the last time I had a daylight studio was in Austin).

I just have to get through the next couple of weeks and keep the faith that it really will all get done and END. I won't be painting and moving FOREVER.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you won't be moving forever.

If you stop moving, you're dead.

Oh, and you don't look a thing like Bill Murray. You're shapelier.

Brenda Griffith said...

You say the sweetest things when you're not achingly sarcastic! I guess moving beats the alternative...