Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I Think I Broke My Hump In My (Lack of) Sleep

Coffee in the San Francisco skyline mug, "Lay Me Down" by Crosby & Nash on iTunes (yes Stacy, realtor extraordinaire--shown at right, you were the first to know the mug and song of the day :-). Lay me down and let me sleep the sleep of the... something. I'm so tired I can't even formulate what I would like to sleep like! And I have no reason to be not sleeping--work on the studio proceeds apace, orders come steadily in and go steadily out, permits have been managed (don't you love the bureaucracy of a big--or little big--city?). Yesterday I managed to go over there only once (on my way to get the fence permit). The carpenter gave me my new keys as I checked in with him and with the electrician. Then I left them all in peace. Yet last night in my sleep, all night, I tossed and turned my way through project management and micro-management until I was ready to scream. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Today the rest of the concrete rubble will be removed (it wasn't removed yesterday as, apparently, we broke the dump truck on Monday by putting so much heavy concrete in it that the brakes finally failed), and I hope they start on the fence. The fence is my #1 priority. No, I don't want to keep people out, I want to keep dogs in and I want to walk across the yard instead of around the block to get there. There is also a cleaning crew scheduled to go through today to get the unidentified... substance... off the mantle piece, walls, doors and corner of the kitchen and to do a general all-clean and disinfect.

There will also be glass! And glass ordering. It seems a shame to get another big glass delivery here just to move it there, but I just don't know when I'll be ready to make my 200 foot move. It would be great if we could just wheel everything through the backyards and not use a truck at all, but the tree roots and rough ground are not conducive to rolling big kilns and cases of glass. I'll have to see what I can figure out. Maybe a four-wheeled dolly-thingie with big fat wheels for everything but Big Bertha?

As promised, here are the first construction pics. All are before on the left and after on the right. The one that might be confusing is the before wall and after door, but, hey, you can't have too many doors! And I didn't take pictures of the new door locks--I'm not THAT silly.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do make glass, don't you?