Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Is This Boring Yet?

I begin to wonder how many days my plant organizational obsession can last. Today Zaga took me to two nurseries and I rhapsodized over the wonder native tree selection at one and the existence of beautiful mimosa borealis bushes at the other. And I came home with 15 more trees and shrubs... All were on my list, just maybe not so many of all.

And speaking of the list, it is becoming a monster. I have now started saving pdfs of the pages of the plant database on my hard drive and linking to those pdfs in my plant list spreadsheet so I can continue to work on garden planning while we're in Honduras--with or without an Internet connection. I have about 167 plants on my list, and it doesn't even include the majority of the non-native but adapted fruit trees. It's also growing daily. The shot below shows the cultivation data for some of the plants in my cryptic code, and there are several more columns off to the right for nurseries where I have purchased them, what size I bought, and for how much. I hope it's going to be worth it to be able to use it as a design tool for the beds (which will be built tomorrow!!).


Now I need to clean up the kitchen a bit and then spend some time with my husband. Time to get my head out of my laptop!

5 comments:

Bill said...

Don't forget the sequoias, the mahogany, and the lichens. There's got to be space for them, too.

Brenda Griffith said...

Sequoias: not native
Lichens: have plenty
Mahogany: not native

I am a machine.

Bill said...

Not to be too didactic: Brenda...not native...

Brenda Griffith said...

Of course Brenda not native--but Brenda well-adapted and has air conditioning!

Bill said...

Bravo!