Friday, March 31, 2017

247 Plants On the Wall, 247 Plants...

The Mexican redbud in the center of this photo was
the first tree to be planted in the backyard today.
I am almost too exhausted tonight to post. I am tired and sunburned. My knees hurt, my back hurts, and I didn't even plant anything today! I moved plants around. I walked back and forth and carried plants to the wagon and then pulled them to their final locations. I moved lots of pots around as I was sorting. But digging the holes, placing the plants, and shoveling the dirt, that was all someone else. AND I'M STILL TIRED! But what went in today is beautiful. I decided to do a predominantly native white garden in the front by the entry to the house. I planted Anacacho orchid trees, a white redbud, white beautyberry, white turk's cap, Texas mock orange, a Mexican plum, Alabama croton, and fragrant tea olive. Oh, and a wafer ash hop tree. Those are the vegetative bones of the area around the front porch and leading down the north side of the house to the backyard. I only got three trees put in the backyard today: A beautiful, large Mexican redbud, a weeping Traveler redbud, and a Mr. Wonderful pomegranate. Now I have the weekend to plan the layout of the next great round of planting to commence on Monday.

I wanted to have the stream in the backyard running by the end of the day today when my in-laws arrived for a visit, but I was denied. An electrician is coming Monday to chase down a wiring problem, and Jay will finish cleaning out the pipes and turn on the new pump he installed today. I am really excited to have the stream working again. It was my favorite feature of the house when we bought it, and it hasn't worked since then. Fold it into the existing and planned water collection system and the solar energy for the power, and I am feeling pretty confident about running it full time. Heck, we *could* have a pool....

So now it's time to give Baxter his last meds for the evening and to fall into my sunburned eyelids. Goodnight all.


1 comment:

Bill said...

Poor fatigued lass...