Thursday, March 23, 2017

Ceramics and Friends

Wonderful day today taking my first pottery class (wheel throwing and beyond) in four years, and visiting with Steve Adler and Shawn Wentworth in visiting from Missoula. Steve is also providing professional architectural services on our bathroom remodel--that will be *much* better than just winging it! I would like to say I got more done today, but honestly I have spent the last half hour trying to get the Irene Adler moan ringtone from Sherlock onto my phone--as has Steve. He has a Samsung Galaxy and I have an iPhone so we're both struggling with different tech. But by this time tomorrow... Ahhhhh.

Pottery today was a new lesson in humility and patience, balance and breathing. Oh, and bad posture. Apparently my posture is too good and it affects the strength and focus I have access to in my throwing. My instructor assured me, however, that whatever my posture, throwing clay is hard on the body and I'm going to hurt. I should take up yoga. For now I think sleep will do. Tomorrow, a stream!

3 comments:

Bill said...

You are an upright citizen!

Brenda Griffith said...

I may be upright, but my pot sure isn't!

Bill said...

I seem to recall you often speaking of slump? Isn't that a good thing?