Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No Art Emergencies

Coffee in the New Orleans skyline mug, the hum of the refrigerator for my music. It's been a busy morning already and I'm not even out of my jammies yet. Today I plan to begin the 2-3 firings per day schedule that I need to do in order to catch up. However much I enjoy writing for Glass Patterns Quarterly and Profitable Glass, there is no denying that it takes a lot of time and often puts me behind in my production. Add four days of ikebana for Japanfest last week to the mix and I am seriously off my game. Breathe in, breathe out. There are no art emergencies.

Thank heaven I have an assistant. Becky will keep me on track as I get back on the production wagon AND plan for November's multi-artist show in the studio AND work on my ERP system AND plan what and how to teach the seventh grade students from J's school... Breathe in, breathe out. there is nothing to hyperventilate about--it all sounds pretty much like life as usual.

Today is my spouse's birthday (Happy Birthday honey, I love you!) and we are celebrating tonight with dinner at Calavino's, a local restaurant owned by our friend Calavino Donati. I think Dave has already picked out what he plans to eat--I groggily remember him saying something about it either just before I slid into sleep last night or as I was blearily waking this morning. I am looking forward to it not just for the great food, but because it means I will have another day behind me as I climb the mountain of production.

Now off to shower, dress, brush teeth and hair, wash face and greet the studio day.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Happy New Year.

Happy Birthday, Dave!

Be well, all.