Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday

Coffee in the New Orleans skyline mug, my daughter asking her father why it is so quiet and him replying "We like it that way." as my background music. It's Saturday. As such, it's not a typical Glass Incarnate day. However it's also three days before I leave for a major show, and, hence, a work day.

Haven't picked up my slides from my photographer yet. Since he said they didn't turn out and are probably not usable, there hasn't been much of a rush. But I need to get over there today to see if there is anything worth salvaging and to pay him for his time. I also have a load to fire, next year's BMAC contracts to get in, a book ad to create, and the rest of my advertising deadline schedule to figure out for the year. gack. Oh yes, and the dog to collect from the vet (fingers crossed--no word yet this morning).

It's a grey, still, humid day out there. That's pretty much what I feel like inside too. Our household is being ravaged by some kind of intestinal bug that leaves me feeling lethargic, crabby, and not the least like eating. J is whiny (I grit my teeth) and lethargic (thank heaven she has a play date this afternoon--something to get her moving and occupied). Only Dave seems to be more or less his usual taciturn weekend self.

Since I didn't sit down to write and whine, I had better get on with the day. Tomorrow a perky post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What, David can't pick up the dog?