Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Proof That Every Day Can't Have a Brilliant Post

Coffee in the Chicago skyline mug, "Brilliant Disguise" by Bruce Springsteen on iTunes. "Tell me what I see, when I look in your eyes. Is that you, baby, or just a brilliant disguise?" What does it all mean? Heck, I don't know. I am adrift on the relentless rolling waves under the hot sun after being tossed there by the storm. I was full-out busy in the studio right up to the minute we went on vacation. Then I was on vacation for a week. I didn't think about ANYTHING work or home related. I took my laptop and only opened it twice--once when we got there out of habit (I looked blankly at the screen for a few minutes and then closed it again) and once mid week when we went to town to check mail to make sure no crises had arisen in our absence.

Now we're back, I have nothing large and pressing, and I am a bit... lost. Sure there are plenty of things I SHOULD be doing--I'm still alive therefore my inbox is full, but nothing appeals. What to do when nothing sings to you? Shop! Or in my case, anti-shop! Divest! Time to clear some paths. Maybe a day of hard work and sweat will clear my mind and bring some focus for tomorrow. And maybe the divestiture will enable me to find my Hargrove folder so I can re-evaluate my booth design options (costs) for the BMAC next month. Method. Madness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madness, thy name is Brenda. At least it was when you posted that.