Monday, July 31, 2006

Where has July Gone? Long Time Passing...

No coffee, no music. Back to the 6 am days. As usual, the List (of things to do) fluctuated up and down over the weekend with no real down. In spite of the fact that I didn't clear any more major to-do's, I was completely busy all weekend. Go figure. Today, the final day of the month, I take to get organized (again). How much time is spent getting organized and ready to do things and how much is spent actually doing them?

August is the home stretch for the projects part of the book. All projects must be completed and in photographable format by September 1. August 1 is also the postmark date for all the artists who are submitting images of their work for the gallery section. And I'm sure it will come as no surprise to anyone, the outline for the book with the photo and illustration count is still not done! Yet I am not concerned that the book will not be written on time. The two projects I already wrote up showed me that the writing (for me anyway) is the least of it.

I have taken the first hour of the day to wake up, read email, write this post, and do a little home finance. The second hour will be spent on the firing schedule for orders and book projects and on creating an Other Tasks schedule to get me through more of the essentials on the To Do list. We'll see if that keeps me on track for August. No, wait. It seems a crime to waste the pristine hours of the day--before 8 am when Jessie gets up, reality sets in and the relentless sameness of every day begins--on regular tasks of the day. Instead, a pure hour on the outline. Good idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Jodi said...

I can't believe it is almost August! Good luck getting organized!