Thursday, July 06, 2006

Late Again

Coffee in the New York Skyline mug, no music as yet. I am inclined to J. Geils when it is time for music. Coffee would have been in the new Denver Skyline mug which arrived yesterday--and I would have started this blog half an hour ago--but when I opened the box this morning, the handle was broken off the mug and into three pieces. So I had to futz around finding the seller's email and letting her know it was broken. I could go on for another paragraph about how late I now am for a packed day, but why bother? Same sh*t, different day. At least today I started with a shower, brushing and flossing my teeth and getting dressed. Better able to face the disasters that way.

The pic at right is the second load (first full load) of pieces for the Art Institute in Chicago pre-fire yesterday--15 15 X 7 platters. Today will see a duplicate of that load and the piece I put in the med kiln--my failed screen melt from some time ago filled with frit--will be flipped and fired again. Pics on it tomorrow.

But firing will come after feeding CW (he gets his own entry and photos in Stranded in the South soon), taking J to school, going to ikebana class and lunch with another artist friend. I need to squeeze in some time for my erstwhile apprentice Maggy today or tomorrow, and the electrician comes to put the ceiling fans up on the porch this afternoon. I had intended to get my firing schedule for the month done this morning and also to update my To Do list, but tempus has fugited on me. Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day away...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too much stuff to do, not enough hours...

Barbara Muth said...

What Bill said.

I want a 35 hour day with only 8 hours sleep needed....