Friday, July 21, 2006

For Some, the End of the Week...

No coffee (yet--but there will be Starbucks as soon as I go downstairs and get it) and only the sound of my Mom's gentle snores and her bird's sleepy rustles for music. In keeping with the nothing-is-ever-easy theme, I discovered last night that I couldn't print new business cards because I couldn't access files of that format (Avery Design Pro) on the Mac. So I spent a couple of hours finding, downloading, buying, and learning a new piece of software and then designing a new business card. It is a great looking card, but it was time not previously allocated and not really up for grabs. But it's done now and if I could just get the printer to color it in the lines... Stupid printer.

The rest of the packet contents are mostly designed and just need to be printed. I also have the pricing sheets and the labels for the AI pieces and samples. Luckily I also have 2-1/2 hours before the show, and I am printing as I write this.

It's Friday, the last day of the work week for some, the first day of the Buyer's Market for me, and my Dad's Birthday. Happy Birthday Dad, thanks for loaning me Mom. Some kids just borrow the car. I am sad to say that I am not looking forward to this show. I am really, really, really stressed about not having my website or the writing about the book docs for the publisher done yet. If I do not get them done in the next few days I think my head will explode.

Yet I must finish today on a happy note: Jeff Manpearl, the metal artist with whom I am collaborating (and doesn't THAT sound subversive!) has the booth on the back wall right inside the main door of the show and he has two pieces with my glass in them prominently displayed on the outside wall of the booth and a couple more inside. Whoo hoo. Talk about great exposure. Okay, off to the show. Pics tomorrow, really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Picts tomorrow? Will they be wearing woad?

Brenda Griffith said...

Pics, not picts. I can't think of picts without seeing Mel in just a kilt with a blue face. Does make me smile and lick my lips though.