Saturday, September 02, 2017

Today Was a Better Day

We kicked it today. It took two, but Dave and I pulled down all the plastic and tape that the painters put up on our back deck back in May (April?) when they started painting, before they absconded. Then we blew the leaves off (me), washed the decking down (Dave), and put all the furniture back (us). I also cut all the glass and inset it into the kitchen cabinet doors with silicone and glazier's points. Tomorrow we'll put all the doors back on and that project will be done.

I was all excited last weekend when I did a design for all the doors and it was supposed to be in leaded glass, but it turned out wanting to be in fused glass. And the week went on. And I couldn't execute. Turns out I just couldn't get behind the design for the doors or in fusing them. Instead I cut plain panels of reed glass (think 1930's private investigator or lawyer doors) and put them in. Simple, elegant, contemporary, classic, perfect.

Tonight we sat out on the newly reassembled deck and provided an all-you-can-eat for the mosquitos as we communed with the night. It was both more and less enjoyable than it sounds. Now I'm off to bed to snuggle with my spouse, the love of my life and partner in my frumiousness.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I take it that the rain had stopped?