Thursday, September 21, 2017

Dragging My Sorry Butt To Bed

Today was one of those days that started out derailed from the start and it (and I) never recovered. Dave and I both woke at 2:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep. Dave also has a cold so he's pretty miserable awake or asleep so he got up and never did go back to sleep. I read until 6:30 when I was finally able to get back to sleep. Of course falling back to sleep at 6:30 when workmen are coming at 8:30 is not very much time to sleep, and I dragged all day.

Dave took the J to school and then came back home to the Nyquil and bed. I stayed up and puttered--feeling the day drag on interminably, but unable to kickstart myself into getting anything done. I did get in a kiln load and almost stopped before doing the last two pieces (which don't need to ship yet as I don't have the stands for them), but I decided to push on through the heat and humidity in the studio. (It was over 90 degrees and steamy in there today.) And I shouldn't have as I blew the layout on both pieces and have to remove the first layer and a half of glass and redo them tomorrow. Or Saturday. Or Monday.

At the end of the day I dozed a little in the recliner (when did I become an old man?!) before Jessie got home. Poor J--she's coming down with the cold too and can't afford to miss any more school so she has to tough through it.

Now Dave's in bed, I'm pretty sure Jessie's in bed even though she has homework, and I'm going to give in and go to bed too. Tomorrow morning I have a surprise activity planned for Zaga's birthday and then I'm taking her to lunch so I had better get some rest.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Influenza vaccine.

Brenda Griffith said...

I had my flu vaccine...