Friday, September 01, 2017

I Cannot TGIF Enough

The week ends as it began: with difficulty and tears. Back at the beginning of May, I went to Barton Springs Nursery and picked up some plants. When I went to leave, there was a line of cars waiting to get out of the parking lot. I joined the queue about three or four cars back. The woman in front of me rolled forward, I rolled forward, and I tapped her car. She jumped out of the car practically hysterical that I had "hit" her. She demanded my insurance info and I gladly gave it to her as there was no damage to either vehicle, and I figured she'd see there was nothing to fuss about when she calmed down. Just to be sure, I took pictures of her bumper. The only "damage" to her plastic bumper was a scratch from the hexagonal screw on my license plate holder.

Today I looked on my State Farm account online and saw that there is a claim against me for that accident. Without even calling me to let me know she had put in a claim and to see if I had information, State Farm paid her $304.58 for medical expenses, $231.88 for a rental car, and $706.68 for repairs. I was behind her so I was at fault, the fact that she completely overreacted at best, or submitted a fraudulent claim at worst doesn't even matter. I have been with State Farm for over 20 years and not been at fault for an accident in all that time. I've been hit a few times, but I have never been at fault. Now because of this my rates are going up $15 a month. Oh State Farm doesn't call it a rate increase, instead they call it losing my accident-free discount. A pile of poop by any other name smells the same.

Please let the weekend usher in a better week!

1 comment:

Bill said...

Feh.