Thursday, September 28, 2017

Spinzilla To Supporting a Budding Filmmaker

Another day slid quietly away as I worked on projects at home. Now it's only 8:42, and I'm tired to the bone. (Yet another post about my fatigue! How refreshing! Not.) The month winds to a close with nary a word from our lawyer, which means (probably) that the contractor never responded to the letter the lawyer sent to him on our behalf. I guess I am just going to have to put that chapter behind me and move on--a bit less trusting, a bit more wary, and a bit more cynical. But maybe that's what it means to grow up.

I started to write a self-pitying whiny rant here about trying to help people and just getting screwed for my trouble, but it wouldn't be worth the time and digital ink with which it would be written. So, instead: Spinzilla! Let us talk of happier things like gearing up for a week of nothing but... very little but... well MOSTLY spinning! There will still be wood and steel, there will still be piano and ceramics, but mostly there will be spinning. I am going to finish the mash-up yarn I started earlier in the summer so I can finish knitting my coat with it for NaKniSweMo (NoKniCoMo for moi).

Tonight found me searching the Internet for public domain video footage for my child to use in her experimental film project. (This was after driving her around yesterday for several hours so she could film.) She said she had looked and had only found places (like CNN) that wanted money to license footage. I found about eight short films for her with subjects ranging from the Hindenburg exploding and atomic bomb testing to the great San Francisco earthquake. Sometimes I worry that I do too much of her work and am concerned that she won't learn to do things for herself. But then I remember my Mom who typed my papers, took me to the library so I could check out reference books, got me pills from the pharmacy where she worked so I could glue them onto poster board for my sixth-grade science project, and did a score of other things to help me with my homework. And I know I'm spot on with Jessie. I can't wait to see the two-minute film she comes up with! Now to see if she can get the rights to use the music she wants for it. I'll be getting up at 4:00 and calling the record label in London to find out how.


2 comments:

Bill said...

Shouldn't take but two to four months to get permission to use the music...

ellen abbott said...

can't you file a claim in small claims court? or file some sort of lien against him or his company? other than that, I don't see how you find time to do all the different things you do.