Saturday, September 23, 2017

Making (Security) Movies and Watching Movies

Front porch
What a day! In honor of the legal action against the contractor, I decided that security cameras around the property were a Good Thing. Costco had the top-ranked system (Arlo by NetGear) on sale so I got a set of three. They are completely wireless (including power) and incredibly easy to install. Now we'll see how they do longterm. The images are great--even the night vision IR ones shown here. So far I have three, but as easy as they are, I think I'll add 3-4 more.

Back deck
This morning I exchanged some texts with a friend and when she asked me how I was, I said slower. That's the honest truth, and I just have to learn to accept it. I want to go and go and go (the spirit is willing), but after a few hours, I poop out (the body is not). This morning I managed to install the cameras, do a bit of work on another project, and practice piano. Then, somehow, it was time to go to Lego Ninjago. Eh.

Apartment
Fortunately when we got home, Repo Man was waiting for us. We had been wanting to watch it in honor of the life and work of Harry Dean Stanton who died a week ago. It's a movie that's definitely held up and was perfect for washing the taste of Ninjago out of my mind--that one was strictly for kids. I should've known we were in for it when the first preview shown before the movie was for the upcoming My Little Pony the Movie, which appears to have nary a smidge of irony in it. I was left wondering why it's coming to the big screen at all. The only movie previewed that I had ANY interest in is Jumangi, and it'll be a tough sell for the spouse.

1 comment:

Bill said...

You should put a camera on the pond to watch the frogs and what-have-you...